Bourke, Prof. Billy
- Chronic diarrhea / inflammatory bowel disease.
- Irritability in infancy.
- Constipation / encopresis.
- Functional upper and lower gastrointestinal disorders in children.
- Crohns and ulcerative colitis.
- Paediatric liver disease.
- Failure to thrive in infants.
- Feeding difficulty.
- Reflux and vomiting.
Professor Billy Bourke is currently the lead clinician at the National Referral Centre for Paediatric Gastroenterology at Crumlin Hospital. He is also the director of the Academic Centre for Paediatric Research in UCD. His own laboratory research interest is in infectious and inflammatory diseases of the GI tract and cystic fibrosis liver disease.
He is a graduate of UCD and performed his initial paediatric training in the Rotunda and Crumlin hospitals. His specialist paediatric gastroenterology training was undertaken in the Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology at the world renowned Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
In addition to focusing on infectious and inflammatory disorders of the bowel he is also particularly interested in functional disorders in infants and children and how best to manage them.