Blackrock Clinic has opened a Satellite centre in Monaghan, in conjunction with Dr Brendan Mac Mahon, Consultant Physician and Cardiologist. This allows patients from Monaghan and the surrounding area to access the expertise of some of Blackrock Clinic’s leading consultants.
Patients referred by a GP can now be assessed locally in Monaghan. Should a procedure be required, this will happen in Blackrock Clinic, Dublin, and subsequent follow-up consultations will take place again in Monaghan. This limits the travel required for consultations and aftercare.
The clinic is based in Old Cross Square, Monaghan Town, close to Monaghan Cathedral. The postal address is Unit 5, Teach O Cleircin, Old Cross Square, Monaghan.
Presently, Dr Brendan Mac Mahon is joined by the following consultants:
Prof Michael Walsh, Consultant ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) Surgeon
Mr Eoin Fenton, Consultant Neurosurgeon (Spines)
Mr Fintan Doyle, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Ms Zenia Martin, Consultant Vascular Surgeon
We aim to expand the team specialties to satisfy demand, so please watch this space for updates!
There are significant benefits for patients who may attend Blackrock Clinic’s satellite centre in Monaghan:
- There is minimal waiting time for surgical/ cardiac procedures in Blackrock Clinic, should a patient require such an event.
- Members of VHI HealthPlus Access (Plan B), and equivalent with other insurers, are fully covered for medically necessary surgical / cardiac procedures at Blackrock Clinic. Please call our Freephone Enquiry Line number 1800 60 10 60 for more information.
- There are dedicated units staffed by skilled clinical teams at Blackrock Clinic.
- All in-patient rooms at Blackrock Clinic are single occupancy (an important factor in infection prevention and control).
- There has not been an incident of blood borne infection with MRSA in Blackrock Clinic since 2007.