Blackrock Clinic – Where People Do Well
19th Sep 2022
Blackrock Clinic is a leading private hi-tech hospital located in the heart of South County Dublin. The hospital is home to some of the world’s top medical professionals, and offers a wide range of clinical services, from emergency department to highly specialised treatments. We provide world-class healthcare to patients from all over Ireland and farther afield, with state-of-the-art inpatient, day-care, and critical care beds.
The hospital is constantly expanding and looking for new staff members to join its team as faculties grow and novel technologies deliver new patient care pathways. Some of our latest innovations can be seen in our Cardiology and Orthopaedic services:
- Cardiology – new dedicated EP Cath Lab; novel AF devices and treatment methodologies.
- Orthopaedics – Mako Surgical Robot (for joint replacement surgery)
Such initiatives, often a first in this country, result in augmented facility options, and exciting opportunities for clinical specialists.
Our hospital is invested in offering greater, more personalised choices to both patients and healthcare professionals who want to join us at the pinnacle of modern healthcare.
It is well documented that Healthcare recruitment is highly competitive today, and the staffing of growth areas has become a big challenge for hospitals globally. This is a complex issue, but two recognised underlying factors are:
- Greater demand. Patient populations are swelling in cohorts of age and lifestyle related diseases. Technologies and emerging therapies are now treating conditions which might previously have proved terminal, meaning that we are living longer, but often with illnesses requiring hospital interventions.
- Less appeal. Flexibility in working conditions can seem more restricted within healthcare than some industries, as onsite patients require onsite care.
There are still some absolute wins from a career in healthcare, not least the high level job satisfaction derived from helping patients. One of the main priorities of Blackrock Clinic’s HR team is to seek out the dedicated professionals who understand this, and to look after their wellbeing. Intuitive work / life balance strategies, solid employee support, and a plethora of added value options can be packaged for the right people.
As a leading private hospital, our mission is to keep healthcare moving forward. This includes the provision of structures for staff education and career development. Employee wellbeing and personal care are encouraged and supported too, and we have achieved some impressive accreditations to this end. Here are some listings we are proud to share:
- Blackrock Clinic has been named in the ‘Top 100 Companies Leading in Wellbeing Index’ since the enterprise launched in 2021.
According to its publisher ‘Business & Finance’, this index was founded in recognition of ‘public awareness of the importance of good workplace mental health and wellbeing’ and to promote companies who ‘move beyond good intention by making positive health and wellbeing a core business priority’.
- The KeepWell Mark™ is a nationally recognised employee wellbeing accreditation awarded to Blackrock Clinic last year by the Irish Business and Employment Confederation (Ibec).
- Blackrock Clinic has been recognised as one of ‘Ireland’s Top 10 Most Reputable Companies’ in this year’s annual Ireland RepTrak® report, published by the Reputations Agency.
- We have been accredited for over two decades by the Joint Commission International (JCI), which awards hospitals that raise safety and quality of care standards to the highest levels.
Simply put, delivering world-class care for patients is central to everything we do. Part of our own clinical governance process includes the careful monitoring of patient sentiment through internal auditing. We are proud to feedback to our teams when patients score our diligence and care with rankings such as ‘97.9% of patients say they are treated with Dignity and Respect’.
Blackrock Clinic – Culture of Communication and Support
Blackrock Clinic has long recognised the importance of personal agency within the workplace. We have established vehicles to facilitate discourse between staff and management, and some robust tools to engender employee support. The following list outlines some of the most obvious:
- Our ‘Employee Forum’ is an established conduit for staff representation in Blackrock Clinic.
- A more holistic volunteer peer syndicate ‘Prosper Group’ motivates and supports with practical solutions to the challenges impacting on our wellbeing. A small selection of its enterprises to date include: Staff Quit Smoking Support; Mindfulness Meditation at lunchtime; Walk on Wednesdays; Team sports event participation.
- An ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ is a resource available to all Blackrock Clinic staff, their family and households, offering information to help improve our personal life, work life, health and wellbeing.
- Our Sports & Social Club is open to all employees, and a great way to meet people, especially if you are new to Ireland.
- Internal communication is supported by our company Intranet.
- Eternal communication is iterated by our social media channels.
As a medical community we are composed of a diverse yet interdependent mix of professions and skill sets. We are also a satisfying cultural melting pot, where many nationalities and ethnicities converge with a common aim. By committing to the wellbeing of our employees, Blackrock Clinic attracts and retains the best talent.
If you would like to contact us for further information on joining Blackrock Clinic, or to discuss your career in healthcare, please follow this link: https://www.blackrock-clinic.ie/about-blackrock-clinic/careers/
Our people do well.