Grieve, Mr. Philip
Speciality: Hand and Wrist Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
Practice: Suite 30 Blackrock Clinic
Secretary: Jean / Anthony
Clinic Times: Tuesday pm & Wednesday all day
Telephone: 01 969 6543
Fax: 01 969 5578
Philip is a dedicated and passionate person who strives for excellence in all that he does. Whilst demanding high standards he is down-to-earth and approachable in his manner. He takes pride in his caring attitude and straightforward style.
- MB BCh BAO Queen’s University, Belfast with distinctions in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pathology and Microbiology 1996.
- Houseman in the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast 1996-97.
- Basic Surgical Training on the Belfast Rotation.
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCSEd) of Edinburgh in 1999.
- Higher Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgical Training on the London Northwest Thames Rotation (Charing Cross hospital, Hillingdon Hospital, Heatherwood & Wexham Park Hospitals, West Middlesex University Hospital and Chelsea & Westminister Hospital) 2004-2010.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma & Orthopaedics Surgery (FRCSEd Tr & Orth) in 2008
- Hand and Wrist Surgery Fellowship in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London 2008-09
- Poly-trauma & Pelvis and Acetabular Fellowship at the Royal Adelaide (Level 1 Trauma Centre), South Australia 2009-10
- Fellowship in Poly-trauma at the Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin 2006
- Fellowship in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery in Tauranga Public Hospital, New Zealand 2010-11
- Locum Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at St James’s Hospital and AMNCH, Dublin 2011
- Appointed Lecturer in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Adelaide, south Australia 2009-2014
- Winner of Inaugural Dick Southwood Prize from the South Australian Hand Surgery Society 2010
- Locum Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, 2012-13.
Distal radius fracture fixation. Trauma.