Moran, Prof. Cathal
Speciality: Orthopaedic Surgery
Practice: Suite 33, Blackrock Clinic
Clinic Times: Monday am
Telephone: 01 206 4505
Fax: 01 526 2353
- ACL Reconstruction
- Ligament Repair
- Cartilage/Meniscus Repair & Replacement
- Osteotomy / Alignment Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Rotator Cuff
- Biceps & Labrum
- Shoulder Instability Surgery
- Shoulder Replacement
Professor Cathal Moran practices at Blackrock Clinic as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Cathal specialises in all aspects of shoulder and knee surgery. He has particular interest in Rotator Cuff and Labrum Repair, Shoulder Stabilisation, ACL (Cruciate Ligament) Reconstruction, Sports Injuries, Cartilage Regeneration and Joint Replacement.
Cathal is a graduate of NUI Galway and the RCSI Orthopaedic programme. He completed his sub-specialist training in Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine at Hospital for Special Surgery and Weil Cornell Medical College in New York, as well as additional study at Brigham & Women’s, Boston, and Antwerp Orthopaedic Centre. He has extensive experience working with athletic injuries and teams at all levels of recreational, amateur and professional sport across Ireland, the US and Europe.
Cathal is the Professor in Orthoaedic Surgery at the RCSI. As part of this role he leads international clinical trials in stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
- European Society for Sports Traumatology and Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- Irish-American Orthopaedic Society
Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering in Sports Injury; Clinical trials for cartilage injury and early arthritis.