CSSD Operative. 39 hours per week.
Reports: CSSD Supervisor
Accountable: Head of Department
- To support the operating theatre staff in the provision of sterile documented instruments and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Personally and professionally you are accountable to the customer. You are personally accountable for your own actions at all times.
- Main activities
- Decontaminate, inspect, assemble, package, sterilize, and distribute surgical instruments and applicable patient care equipment according to departmental and international standards.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained in accordance with hospital policies.
- Liaise in an effective and open way with all other team members and consultants to promote a team approach to support.
- Work within the quality system framework to meet with regulation and accreditation standards.
- To adhere to the clean room discipline policy.
- Report any defects in equipment or equipment relevant to the department, to the supervisor.
- Communication Skills
- Report relevant information verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel.
- Respond appropriately to customer/colleague requests and questions.
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues and other members of the health care team.
- Recognise self-limitations and seek assistance.
- Attend and contribute in staff meetings and team briefing.
- Communicate in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety.
- To attend and contribute to appropriate group meetings with other hospitals.
Entitlement to take up and continue in this position is subject to a satisfactory Garda vetting check and Garda vetting self declaration form, medical and reference checks.
Job description available from Human Resources. Closing date for all applicants is 31st January 2015.
Interested candidates should apply in writing with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to Human Resources, Blackrock Clinic, Rock Road, Blackrock, Co Dublin or e-mail:
This job description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is subject to periodic revision and amendment with the post holder.