Blackrock Clinic Dental Services
3rd Apr 2018
Dental implants are specialised titanium screws that can be inserted into the mouth to support the replacement of missing teeth. Their use depends on the number and position of teeth that are missing but require some surgery to place the implants and careful dental planning to create the teeth that are replaced.
The treatments available include:
- the replacement of a single missing tooth,
- the replacement of a number of teeth with a implant retained bridge,
- supporting dentures with implants,
- replacing dentures with new fixed teeth,
- replacing “Teeth in a Day”.
Advanced treatments for complex cases including bone grafting and sinus lifts are available.
Zygomatic implants can be used to support teeth in the upper jaw when little or no bone is available for conventional dental implants, and for those who are not able to have conventional implants.