If you require transport to the Emergency Department via Private Ambulance this is what you need to do.
- Contact the emergency department team on freephone 1800 283999
- Explain the situation and advise them you would like to arrange a private ambulance
- They will discuss the situation with you and confirm the necessity for private ambulance transport
- Once the ED team have accepted that the situation requires an ambulance, they will request that you connect with the Medicall Ambulance Service
- Medicall Ambulance Service can be reached on 1890 666 999
- Medicall will then dispatch an ambulance to collect the patient and transport directly to the Blackrock Clinic Emergency Department
- When you call Medicall ambulance service you will be asked for payment via credit card as the journey to the hospital will not be covered by the health insurers
Please be aware the ambulance is not a 999 / 112 service and therefore may not be able to attend to you in the immediate few minutes of your call. If you require an immediate ambulance response then the appropriate number to dial is 999 /112. This ambulance will bring you direct to the nearest public hospital Emergency Department.