The Pathology team has over 45 staff plus microbiologists and consultants.
The Team Includes:
- 1. Clinical Director
- 2. Consultants for each discipline
- 3. Pathology Manager
- 4. Medical Scientists
- 5. Medical Laboratory Assistants
- 6. Administrative staff
- 7. Phlebotomists
- 8. Haemovigilance Officer
There are a number of consultants and microbiologists linked to the laboratory and these include:
- Clinical Director: Professor Mary Leader, Professor of Histopathology
|Secretary:||Ms S Dalton|
Professor Leader graduated in 1976 from RCSI, became MRCPI in 1978 and MRCPath in 1984. She was appointed Consultant Histopathologistin 1986, and appointed Clinical Pathology RCSI in 1987.
Faculty of Pathology RCPI – Board Member,RCPI,RC Pathologists London,Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland,British Association and International Academy of Pathology (Council Member).
- Dr Philip Murphy – Consultant in Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Dr Margaret Sinnott – Consultant Chemical Pathologist
- Dr Linda Fenelon, Consultant Chemical Pathologist
- Dr Kirsten Schaffer
- Dr Anne Gilleece
- Dr Bruce Mitchell
|Speciality:||Immunology / Allergy|
|Practice:||Suite 1 Blackrock Clinic|
|Clinic Hours:||Tuesday and Thursday|