Gut Health Clinic
Gut Health Clinic
Welcome to the Gut Health Clinic, a dietetic-led clinic for those who suffer from gastrointestinal disorders.
The main goal of the Gut Health Clinic is to help manage gut symptoms, such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Altered bowel habit
The above symptoms can be stressful, debilitating and socially isolating, and we specialise in science-based dietary interventions to help you identify your symptom triggers. Ultimately we strive to improve your well-being and happiness.
The service is led by Clinical Dietitian Lorraine Cooney
People who have been diagnosed with the following conditions would benefit from the Gut Health Clinic:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). See the new Diet Hypno Programme
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), e.g. Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease
- Coeliac disease
- Suspected food intolerances
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
How it works
- You will have an initial 60-minute consultation, followed by as many 30-minute review appointments as you require. Typically appointments are 4 weeks apart, but this will be tailored to your needs as everybody’s journey is different!
- Your dietitian will check and monitor your medical history, gut symptoms, bowel habit, lifestyle factors, dietary intake and eating habits as well as consider any barriers/challenges in order to tailor a programme that works for you.
- At the end of each consultation, your dietitian will agree your individualised plan, including practical strategies discussed in your consultation, and any necessary supporting resources.
The most important aspect of the plan is that it will be personalised to complement your journey, your experiences, your symptoms and your life!
What is involved and how much does it cost?
Face-to-face and online (zoom) appointments are offered, with daytime and evening appointments available.
An initial virtual consultation is €135 and is up to 60 minutes in duration, with review appointments at €80 for 30 minutes.
We also offer a package deal (initial and follow-up consultation) which costs €190. This is a €25 saving versus booking the sessions individually.
The Diet-Hypno Programme is €495, which is a €120 saving versus booking the sessions individually.
Do I need a referral?
You can self-refer for this service, and we also accept referrals from your doctor or consultant.
Please click here to download our patient information leaflet: Dietetics Department