Moore, Mr. David
4th Jul 2016
Mr. David Moore is an Orthpaedic Surgeon practicing in Blackrock Clinic, specialising in Spinal Surgery.
Practice: Suite 19, Blackrock Clinic
Secretary: Grainne / Barbara
Clinic Times: Alt Monday all day & Friday pm
Telephone: 01 288 5552
Fax: 01 278 3543
David P Moore
MB BCh BAO, FRCSI, MCh Orth
David graduated from University College, Dublin in 1981 and completed the Irish Trauma and Orthopaedic training programme in 1991. He then spent a year doing Paediatric Orthopaedics in a University of Minnesota affiliated fellowship in Gillette Children’s Hospital in St. Paul and the Shriners Hospital in Minneapolis. After this he did a fellowship in spinal surgery in the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham.
He was appointed as a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1993. He works in Our Lady’s Children’s hospital Crumlin, Tallaght Hospital and the Blackrock Clinic in Dublin.
He specialises in adult and childrens’ orthopaedics with a particular interest in spine pathology including deformity surgery, limb lengthening and reconstruction, and joint replacement.
- Undergraduate in UCD. MB BCh BAO 1981
- Postgraduate in RCSI, FRCSI 1985
- University of Liverpool, MChOrth 1987
- Certificate in Specialist Training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery 1991
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Fellowhipin University of Minnesota, 1992
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship in QMC Nottingham, 1993
- Involved in directing and participating in numerous instructional courses in limb reconstruction, spinal surgery, trauma and paediatric orthopaedics.
- President of the Irish Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery (1997 – 2013).
- Member of the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- Joint Clinic Lead in the Trauma and Orthopaedic Clinical Programme.
Member of the Council of RCSI
Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations (JCIE)
Chairman of the RCSI Medicine & Health Sciences Board
Member of the RCSI Finance Committee
Member of the RCSI Surgical Affairs Committee
Steering Committee of the Irish National Orthopaedic Register.
Joint Clinical Lead in the Trauma and Orthopaedic Clinical Programme.
Steering Group for Prospective Funding.
Member of the Trainers Committee, Irish Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
Member of the Governing Board of the National Office of Clinical Audit.
Member of the Steering Committee of the Irish Hip Fracture Database